This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where'd "restart" go?

it's not in the "leave" menu, searching for it turns up nothing... even in ubuntu 11.10, it has to be actively searched for in the dash, kubuntu doesn't seem to have the option at all? where'd it go, this one's a total showstopper for me; trying to crack into linux from windows means i very often only restart my machine instead of just shutting down outright.

Re: where'd "restart" go?

I can't help you on Kubuntu, but if you have the log/lockout panel widget enabled you can shutdown from there, with options to shutdown, restart, and logout.

On Ubuntu 11.10, click on the shutdown icon in the upper right-hand corner and click Shutdown(IIRC). There is a button on the left in the dialog that should say "Restart".
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by weareantipop
      it's not in the "leave" menu, searching for it turns up nothing... even in ubuntu 11.10, it has to be actively searched for in the dash, kubuntu doesn't seem to have the option at all? where'd it go, this one's a total showstopper for me; trying to crack into linux from windows means i very often only restart my machine instead of just shutting down outright.
      try right clicking the desktop then leave and see if you get the option ...........but on my box the option is in kickoff>leave.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Click the K Menu button and click on Leave and you will find the option to Restart.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X