This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Muon Software Center in 11.10

I noticed when running the live dvd of Kubuntu 11.10 alpha 3, that the Muon Software Center doesn't seem to contain any gnome applications in it...only the kde ones....also the search didn't seem to work and also couldn't find such programs as kubuntu restricted extras and ttf-mscore fonts (microsoft fonts installer)...

I was wondering why things like that were still missing (plus the search problem)...will they be corrected by Beta 1 (which i believe is supposed to be out on Thursday)...?

How about in the daily builds?
    By the way, i checked the Muon Package Manager also and i think it had the same problems....

Re: Question About Muon Software Center in 11.10

perhaps as it is a livecd, muon hasn't yet or can't updated its package index? As it is a live session, rebuilding the index might sap too many resources.
    just a conjecture, however.

please do report these issues as bug reports, however. As installing software from a live session isn't a common activity, maybe this hasn't been noticed before.

Comment

just booted to a daily live image, I do see a full selection of apps in the package manager, and a limited selection in the software center (as expected - not many non-gui apps in there, for example) but I do see non-kde applications in each one

Comment

might be that you're on livecd session

running installed here and all software shows up for me as far as i can tell,

Edit: i just noticed i might not have understood the question. Muon works fine installed. Don't know if it's a flaw (bug) or by design that it doesn't show properly in a live cd session.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys
          I downloaded the latest daily build and will check it out again...Could possibly be a bug in the live session for the muon....when i added on kpackage kit, i did see all gnome apps and restricted extras as well as the microsoft fonts...But the last one i looked at was Alpha 3 and i know they are close to the first beta release now...maybe the bug was fixed in the latest version...

I do sometimes install a few programs in a live session just to play around a bit...but good to know it works fine when installed...

I'm going to wait to the final release to install...but i like to play with live dvd a bit in the meantime

If the bug is still there in the live session on the latest...i will report it...

Comment

Working...
          X