X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taskbar/panel (hidden) changes position randomly

Hi,
    I have a weird problem with one of my taskbars/panels: it randomly changes position on the screen. It is a hidden one, so I usually don't see it, but when I hover the mouse at the location on the screen where it currently resides, it just appears there... just somewhere in the middle of the screen. It is supposed to appear at the upper edge of the screen.
    When I unlock widgets and hover over the taskbar, it remembers its proper position and returns to the upper edge of the screen. So that fixes the problem, but only temporarily... after a while it appears randomly on the screen again...
    All other plasma widgets behave normally.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm running the 64bit version of Natty.
    Thanks,
    Chopstick

Re: Taskbar/panel (hidden) changes position randomly

can you please tell us what version of kde you have?

i seam to remember this happening on kde 4.6.x but not anymore w/ 4.7.x (at least not w/ 4.7 running on 11.10)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I have KDE 4.7.1 running on 11.04 (64bit).
      This started only a while ago. I suspect it only happens in 4.7.1. I don't remember having this problem right after upgrading to 4.7. But I'm actually not sure when it started...

Comment

Originally posted by Chopstick
        Sorry, I forgot to mention, I have KDE 4.7.1 running on 11.04 (64bit).
        This started only a while ago. I suspect it only happens in 4.7.1. I don't remember having this problem right after upgrading to 4.7. But I'm actually not sure when it started...
        interiesting, this doesn't happen on my 11.10 systems. all have kde 4.7.2. perhpas its a bug that was fixed for 4.7.2 ? also i dont' think as many people hide their panel. i do always.

Comment

I have two panels: one hidden at the upper edge and one permanently visible at the lower edge of the screen.
          I'm kinda hoping this will be fixed in 10.10... but at the moment I don't have time to migrate kmail, so I'm waiting a bit with the upgrade...
          You don't happen to remember a fix for that?

Comment

i don't remember any fix , it just stoped doing it one day, also it didn't do it consistently , just every once in a while i would log in or hide my panel , then it would stay hidden. sometimes the outline would show on the top of my screen (my hidden panel is on bottom) and i could open it by mousing over the outline the panel would magicly apper back at the bottom were it belonged. (work around i guess is not to hide the panel?)

Comment

I see... well... thanks anyway... at least I'm not the only one with this issue...

Comment

Working...
              X