X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login screen theme

HI!
    I wanted to install an additional login theme, but after I downloaded the theme, it isn't appears on the list of themes.

Re: Login screen theme

System Settings->Login Screen->Theme tab->Install new theme. Point the installer to where you downloaded your theme file (usually in .tar.gz format).

Comment

Re: Login screen theme

got the same problem. The Theme tab implies that you can install from right there inside the dialog box.
      I shouldn't have to download the tar.gz file and then point to it. What's the point of the Get New Themes functionality? I think this is yet another bug.

update: yup. see this thread http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3115817.0

Comment

I have just installed Kubuntu 12.04, and have the same problem. I open system settings>login screen>theme>get new themes , then after i click on install on the theme i want it does not appear in the list of themes. I have rebooted, and no change. What is going on ? ANY help ?

Comment

Run
          Code:
          kdesudo kcmshell4 kdm
          download the themes and they should be installed properly.

Comment

Thank you for the help. It does work, however how would the problem be solved so I would not have to do that everytime ? A script maybe ?

Comment

You could create a menu entry (kmenuedit or right click kmenuedit > edit menu).

Though I have to wonder if it is worth it as normally you don't need to edit the login screen often.

Comment

Working...
              X