Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice - can't select text parts in text boxes with drop-down capabilities

Hi,

I have a Problem which i can't solve with Google. I hope anybody knows about it!?

So, the Problem is that in every Text box in LibreOffice [Calc] (but i have the Problem in OpenOffice under Kubuntu 10.10 to)
    that has drop-down capabilities (to see the old entries)
    it is impossible to select something with the mouse (except the whole line if i click anywere on the field).

If it's unclear what i mean i describe it with an example:
    I open in Calc the "Find & Replace" box [strg+f] and write "two words" in it,
    now i would replace the word "two" with "three",
    so i would select the word "two" with my mouse, but that doesn't work,
    not with "double click" nor with "left button+slide", it only expand and collapse the drop down click after click.
    So i must navigate and select the word in it with the keyboard, that's annoying.

And with that behavior it comes a second strange thing:
    When i leaf the "Find & Replace" box (but i let it stay open) and i came back,
    when i now click on the field the whole line gets marked and the drop-down expand,
    when i overwrite it an press on find/[enter]/anywhere else the drop-down collapse, the new word disappears and the one before come back.
    So when i would search for something new i must click on the search field twice, overwrite it (with keyboard navigation) and then i can click on find.

And i can recognize another minor annoyance in this box:
    All of the check-box descriptions (and the check-boxes it self) are cropped in the lower part,
    so that i can only see ~80% of it. I have attached an SS to demonstrate it.
    I don't know it this has to do with my main problem but i better tell all the hiccups

This text-box-select-thing is not only limited to the "Find & Replace" box,
    it is in all drop-down-text-boxes like the "Quickfind" in the menu bar or font-name selector aso...

My System:
    Kubuntu 11.04 (KDE 4.7.1) - with all updates right now.
    LibreOffice 3.3.3 (Build:301) - with libreoffice-kde installed, and i completely removed OpenOffice with its configs.
    $ uname -a : Linux ... 2.6.38-11-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP ... x86_64 ...
    I have openjdk-6 and sunjava installed and tried to switch between both with the alternatives-configurator, because LibreOffice is a Java thing, who knows where the problem lies. But i don't know how LibreOffice decide with runtime it starts, so i don't know if i really change something with the alternatives-configurator?

I don't know how long but some time in the history i don't have this problem...

Please can anybody help me with this issue!?
    Thanks,
    Pietro
    Attached Files

Re: LibreOffice - can't select text parts in text boxes with drop-down capabilities

a question.

are you having this problem "in the box" in other words..."in the computer on your desk".

Or is it in a "server" kind of thing...

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
    X