This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colored scrollbars...aren't

I use SeaMonkey as my browser and e-mail/news client. Its scrollbars are supposed to be colored, per my appearance choices system wide. However, sometimes they are and sometimes they're not, and I have no idea why.

The other day--when they were colored--I backed up my .kde directory. The next day--when they weren't colored--I restored my .kde directory and, like magic, they were colored again. I thought, okay, there's a setting SOMEWHERE in there that's controlling this. Wrong. Today, they're not colored and despite restoring my backed up .kde directory, they're still not colored.

Does anyone know which config file controls coloring scrollbars in applications like SeaMonkey?

FWIW, I"m currently using Polyester as my Style (under Settings | System Settings | Application Appearance), Widget Style QtCurve as my GTK+ Appearance, QtCurve as my Window Decoration, and Elegance as my Desktop Theme.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Re: Colored scrollbars...aren't

Does SeaMonkey support the same kind of extension architecture as Firefox? If so, you might try this add-on from KDE-Look.

Comment

Re: Colored scrollbars...aren't

Originally posted by steveriley
      Does SeaMonkey support the same kind of extension architecture as Firefox? If so, you might try this add-on from KDE-Look.
      Right now that's unnecessary. I did some tinkering today and now have colored scrollbars--but they're not matching my system-wide choice. What I did was install a bunch of GNOME-related stuff, including gnome-settings-daemon, logged in with GNOME, tweaked some appearance settings, went back to KDE and now have colored scrollbars. But like I said they are not the same style as the rest of my scrollbars, but for tonight they're good enough! (They're actually kind of pretty, but I like consistency.)
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X