X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webmin 1.560 on KUbuntu 11.4 - no menu once logged in

KUbuntu 11.4
    Webmin 1.560

I did the trick of copying my user info from /etc/shadow to /etc/webmin/miniserv.users, copying my personal date.

But when I'm logged into Webmin (as myself) I have no menu over at left hand side (see attachment please).

Same version Webmin on my openSuse 11.4 version looks normal, but i login as root also.

Do I maybe paste in the login info from /etc/shadow for myself but assign it to root in /etc/webmin/miniserv.users

Thanks,

Pat
    Attached Files

Re: Webmin 1.560 on KUbuntu 11.4 - no menu once logged in

Some Debian-based distributions (Ubuntu in particular) don't allow logins by the root user by default. However, the user created at system installation time can use sudo to switch to root. Webmin will allow any user who has this sudo capability to login with full root privileges.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I had to establish a root password just for webmin, or I could not log in at all. You might try this.

At the CLI enter:

Code:
      sudo /usr/share/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root yourpassword
      Insert your desire password into the above command where it says yourpassword.

Then you should be able to log in with the username root and your password.

Comment

That did it for me Detonate, thanks! And this web page saved locally for future reference.

Comment

Working...
        X