X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing flash player through apturl

Hi,

I went to adobe.com to get flash player plugins for my chromium-browser and firefox. However, when the browser called apturl, it always told me:

Unknown channel 'natty-partner'.

I googled but didn't find anything useful.

Would anyone please tell me how to make my apturl work properly?

Thanks.

Re: Installing flash player through apturl

The easiest solution is probably just not to install flash from Adobe and install it directly from Ubuntu repositories. Just do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
    That will install it for both Firefox and Chrome.

You can also just search for the same package in Kpackagekit and install it from there.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I know that. But it's not "suitable" for a newbie user.

I'm making a customized kubuntu system for novice users, and told them that they can find the flash player plugins from adobe.com, then I found that apturl didn't work.

I'm wondering why apturl couldn't work here. I also want to know what "unknown channel" means and how to solve this problem?

Thanks again.

Comment

do you have apturl installed? it isn't by default in Kubuntu, as it pulls in a few too may gnome/gtk dependencies. But it should work once installed.

imo it might be easier to include the flash player as part of your custom setup, or perhaps (for firefox) add the Flash-aid extension, which makes it easier to install.

What is really needed is an applet like the one Kubuntu uses to install flash, etc when first running Rekonq/Konqueror or Amarok or Dragon player to install the missing codecs/players/etc. These do not run when opening FF or chrome

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh

imo it might be easier to include the flash player as part of your custom setup, or perhaps (for firefox) add the Flash-aid extension, which makes it easier to install.
          I just tryed that Flash-aid extension, ......and it worked great .

"You have version 11,0,1,98 installed"

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I like Flash-Aid for Firefox, too. Curiously, though, the version it pulls in appears invisible to Konqueror, because whenever I start that browser it prompts me to install Flash -- which I suppose is an older non-beta version. I just ignore the notice, because Konqueror works fine with the version of flash that Flash-Aid installs.

Comment

Working...
            X