This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show/Hide desktop button gone

Since i am new to Kubuntu i need a lil help please.

I was messing with the taskbar which let to me losing the system tray and the "show desktop" button.
    I added a new standard taskbar, which appeared at the top of my screen (including System Tray), and after deleting my bottom one, i dragged this new one to the bottom.

However, this new one doesn't have a "show/hide desktop" button.

After a little research i found out its possible to get the Show Desktop widget, however, i can only place that on my desktop, and that is not where i want it. I want it back in it's old place, next to the System Tray.

Is there a way to do this?

Re: Show/Hide desktop button gone

To add widgets (or to remove/position) them on the Panel, it must showthe 'cashew' at the far right. If you don't see the 'cashew' then right-click on an empty area of the Panel and select Unlock Widgets. That done, now you add widgets to the Panel. Again, right-click on an empty area of the Panel and select Panel Options > Add Widgets... and then in the search box type: Show Desktop

Then just double-click on the Show Desktop widget and it will be added to the Panel.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

OMG, i have dragged that darn button all over the screen, and a simple double click was the trick
      Ive got my button back

Thank you very much Snowhog!!!

Comment

Happy to have been of some help. And welcome to KFN. There are many good people here with a vast range of knowledge and experience who enjoy using Kubuntu Linux (obviously) and desire to help others with questions and issues.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X