Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed up your Kubuntu with RASTER graphics system!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speed up your Kubuntu with RASTER graphics system!

Originally posted by jbernardo
    Using the ten times damned EMGD drivers on my 1101HA, and raster is very fast - and I can now watch 1080p films using vaapi without having to disable composition, and without frame drops or tearing, which I got before. Looks like raster besides being faster leaves the GPU more free time to process video!
    Raster is software rendering so it stores everything in ram. So your ram usage should be a little higher. My system uses 50-100 mb of ram more with raster. And yes, GPU is less affected. At least I think so 8)
    Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

On a somewhat related note, my laptop with a geforce 7000m seems to perform much better when switched from OpenGL to XRender in the KDE system settings. I'm guessing it's just my card's weak 3d?
      "No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker." - Mikhail Bakunin

Comment

I have an older ATI card (ATI Mobility FireGL V5250) with open source driver and it works fine for me!
        I'm not sure if it is that much faster, but it doesn't cause any problems either.
        Chopstick

Comment

Working...
        X