This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 5.0 broken

Weekly update gave me a new firefox on Sunday (I guess). Since then it seems as if it is broken:

*) No bookmarks (even edit or organize bookmarks menu button is missing, don't know how it was called).
    *) It doesn't remember my history. At least this is what I think, because it doesn't autocompletes URL when typing in an URL
    *) It doesn't outline links on web pages
    *) When you move the mouse over text, the cursor does not change from the bar to the arrow when you are over a link.
    *) Some pages take a very long time to load, the ff complains about unresponsive scripts. Even on pages which worked fine
    last week.

I did some research, but did not find any appropriate and did not find a place to report this.
    So maybe some of you guys could point me into the right direction.

greetings

Re: Firefox 5.0 broken

No help (sorry), but FF 5 is 'beta' and some issues are to be expected?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, that is OK. I'm just wondering I cannot find any information about this in any place.
      I can't even register to the firefox help - somethings wrong with my firefox, I guess.
      I'll give good od' konqueror a try on that.

greetings

Comment

I have the same problem, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1784776 , post #20.

Comment

Strange, I'm running both FF5 and 7.0a1, the so-called Nightly and have no such problems.

Although the Nightly installs in parallel to the regular FF they might share a few settings and thus this error does not show up for me?

Comment

Originally posted by iX
            I have the same problem, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1784776 , post #20.
            Thanks iX,
            that is what I was looking for. I will hook up to that thread.

Comment

I got this solved by removing the places.sqlite* files. After starting firefox all the bookmarks were here again, firefox had the history again, the back button was working and the links in the pages were displayed correctly and the mouse pointer changed when moving over a link. The only thing that has not been restored were the icons of the bookmarks, but I can live with that, I guess.

Comment

Nightly disabled or wasn't working with so many of my addons (especially Wolfram's and videos) and extensions that I reverted to FF 3.6.18
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Except for a freezing problem (that appeared with FF4), FF5 runs very smoothly here; feels very fast. Don't run many addons, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X