This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED - Google Earth fonts horrible on 11.04

So I have a vanilla install of 11.04 on a new laptop for my wife. Installed Google Earth for her (via the deb I got from the Google site) and the fonts are horrible. Like size 24, no kerning, no anti-aliasing and wide space between every letter.

I tried deleting the QT4 libs that come with GE and linking to the KDE libs, but that causes a crash 5 seconds after starting GE.

I sort of got the 3D fonts to look OK, but menu fonts and dialog fonts still look horrible. It renders GE unusable for anything other than just viewing maps. So, maybe someone has a brilliant idea (fingers crossed).

Re: Google Earth fonts horrible on 11.04

You're not alone, same thing is happening to me. I installed as per Natty-Kubuntu Guide.

http://www.kubuntuguide.info/index.php/Natty

Hopefully someone on the forum knows why.
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

The version packaged by Medibuntu (5.1.3533.1731) looks fine (mostly), maybe give that a shot instead of the latest deb from Google.

Comment

I got it working OK by installing the MS core fonts.
        (ttf-mscorefonts-installer)

Comment

The disabled menu options aren't greyed out, but yeah, it works. Thanks.

Comment

It's working now. I had a beta version it appears but now it's not after a google download. I did have to restart for it to work properly. Thanks
            Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

With the latest update from Google the issue has been solved. Thanks for all the input

Comment

Working...
              X