This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] No delete option in dolphin?

I went to delete a couple of files and discovered there was no delete option in the context menu, only move to wastebin.
    This is on a several hours old natty install.
    The option has been there as long as I can remember and is still there in my fully updated beta 2 install.

Re: No delete option in dolphin?

[img width=400 height=366]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6483/readthedocs.png[/img]
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Yes, that option is already checked.

I'm going to give up on this since I am having a LOT of problems with this new install so I can only assume there is some kind of corruption or something. Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by x-shaney-x
        Yes, that option is already checked.

I'm going to give up on this since I am having a LOT of problems with this new install so I can only assume there is some kind of corruption or something. Dunno.
        I for one am gald you brought this topic up, since I haven't had much experience using Dolphin, I'm a Nautilus guy, but I added the delete and the copy to and move to and they all worked. When I wanted to deleted something I just hi-lighted the file and pressed the Del key. Now I have two options. I like the move and copy to options more.
        Boot Info Script

Comment

Not to be-little (and THAT is NOT my intent), but you do know the difference between Delete and Move to Trash? Some may not. Delete does just that - deletes the object, not moving it to Trash. Move to Trash however, gives you the option to 'recover' the object should you have deleted something in error.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Heh, yea I know but I'm a little OCD and hate it just knowing there is stuff I don't want just sitting there in trash so it means moving to trash then going to trash to empty it

Turns out some of my problems (including this one) have been solved by deleting my .kde folder (or rather moving to trash then emptying )

Next time I booted up, I checked the delete option and now it shows in the context menu

Comment

Working...
            X