X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 11.04 experience so far

Hope this is the right spot:

So far everything seems fine. I don't really see any marked differences so not as excited as I normally am, for a new Ubuntu version

The bugs I've seen (and I am mostly wondering if others get them)

Rekonq will crash randomly. Its not all that frequent and the recover option works great. It seems to happen a lot when Flash is involved though.

Kwin bombs every now and again. Can't really trace it to anything in particular so far. It's not terribly often.

Nvidia driver still shows "activated but not in use" or some such. Removing and reinstalling makes no difference. Oddly, performance doesn't seem to suffer from this.

This may be unrelated, but Kword is driving me nuts. I guess I need to read the documentation about the frame thing

Re: My 11.04 experience so far

Originally posted by runequester
    Kwin bombs every now and again. Can't really trace it to anything in particular so far. It's not terribly often.
    A result of changing desktop settings caused kwin to crash frequently here so I submitted a bug report, #268027. It got treated as a duplicate and tagged onto https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252817. With so many duplicate reports it's a shame this one hasn't been fixed yet.

Comment

The Kwin issue is not all that frequent, but it's occured a few times. I guess just wait and see then

Comment

My upgrade was reasonably smooth, all things considered. I had a problem with a third-party .deb package that didn't remove itself cleanly and caused the upgrade process to abort with an error, but that was easily resolved. Then I found that KDE had been completely removed, most likely because I was using a later version than what comes with Natty, and when the repository was automatically disabled during the upgrade process, apt-get no longer recognized the packages and nuked them all. Easy enough to solve by installing kubuntu-desktop.

So not exactly seamless, but if I wasn't prone to sticking my head under the hood and mucking around with stuff, the upgrade probably would have gone off without hitch.

Comment

Working...
        X