X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] No screen saver

Hi,

I'm a refugee from Unity. I do have some comfort with KDE, I've played with it off and on over the years. I've already found plenty of help tweaking my new 11.04 install just by reading. So thanks for that!

Setup: Unity will not install on my desktop box. So I installed Kubuntu 10.10, (disc was handy and proven), and then I let it upgrade to 11.04.

I do have a problem though. I want to set my screen saver. But when I go to System Settings, I don't have a Desktop option. I seem to have everything else in it's proper place. But no way to access the screen saver settings.

Is there a setting I missing? A CLI method?

Thanks!
    dalee

Re: No screen saver

Hi dalee and welcome to the friendly Kubuntu forums, please don't be a stranger, come back and visit.

On my system the screensaver is under "display and monitor".

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

System Settings > Display and Monitor is where you find Screen Saver
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi,

Wow! That was fast. All I can say besides Thank You to you both, is well, Duh!

I'll stay around don't worry. I have a LOT of reading to do. There are so many nuances to KDE that Gnome doesn't have so I have a lot to learn.

How can I mark this thread solved?

Thank You,

dalee

Comment

Your welcome.

To mark the thread SOLVED, just return to your first post in this thread and click on the modify button. Then you can add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X