This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact stiill useless for me :(

I really need to synch my calendar and contacts with my andriod phone.

Akonadi seems to be behaving nicely but:
    akonadi-kde-resource-googledata
    is definitely not behaving.

Neither for contacts nor calender. When starting contact I get a:
    "error loading akonadi-kde-resource data unable to fetch from item backend"
    message.

Kmail on its own works fine but I need the rest so I am still rolling with TB, Lightning, contact sidebar and google-provider.

A shame and the kde forums don't seem to have any input either.

Bthw: akonadi-kde-resource-googledata version 1.2

Anyone have an idea?

Greets
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Kontact stiill useless for me

I am having the same issue with on Kubuntu natty. The issue has been there since the developement release. At first there was a workaround which require one to compile libgcal and akonadi-kde-google-resource from source and it worked fine. But even I installed the final release of Kubuntu natty, I still had the issue and even the work around stopped working. Here is the kubuntu launchpad bug report (which was marked as fixed even though the problem still exist! https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ta/+bug/727487 and here is the upstream report on bugzilla https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/264861
    A Player who makes a theme great is better than a great player .. Losing your self for the team for the good of the team .. now thats team work

Comment

I don't know. I hate doing it, but I have to say It Works For Me :/

I just installed the libgcal0, akonadi-kde-google-resource and my calendar and contacts synced up straight away. I would suggest to remove any existing google resources from the Akonadi Resources applet found by typing in 'akonadi' in the Kmenu's search box, then adding new ones back in. Dunno if it will help, though as it worked out of the box for me.

Comment

Hi
        I'd be glad to comment but have, unforutunately, mislaid my bluetooth dongle.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Hi
          I found the dongle. and this is after the "partial upgrade to Natty".

I plugged in the dongle opened up bluetooth on the Android and everything worked.

The best thing I can recommend is that I did several "how tos" about getting Kontact to work with Nepomuk Akonadi and Kontact and Kmail.

One of the threads is here, it is how tos.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3115991.0

woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

@woodsmoke: thank you but my akonadi / Nepmuk / strigi is working fine with kontakt.

What I need is gmail/gcal synching on all my machines (without having to use bluetooth every time)

@Claydoh: lucky bast... I guess I'll have to do some "fiddling around"
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Okay, after some "fiddling" I think I got it sort of working.

First I had to activate deactivate log out and login and reactivate strigi.

I then had to add a static address book and calendar respectively.

I then followed claydohs idea and removed the google resources form akonadi and added them back again one by one.

I then went to system settings personal information (why is it called that? ) and set my akonadi-goolgle resources to default.

I wil "fiddle" / play a bit more and see if the calendar / contacts get updated resp. update my google data.

So this is not quite solved yet.

Cheers all
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Note that I did NOT use the KDE resources section in System Settings, dunno if that matters. My google address book resource does NOT show in there, tho my calendar does. this may be a key.

I used the search box in the kmenu to search Akonadi, and selected Akonadi Resource Configuration and added things there.

I think that this is supposed to be much easier when the fully-akonadi based kdepim is finally released.

I should find the latest pre-release and see how it is working there.........

Comment

Hi claydoh,
                  Thanks your your input.

I played around with it yesterday and found that calendar still wasn't refreshing or syncing correctly.

Also the google contact resource neither synced nor did it give my addresses in the correct order.

So I decided to upgrade to 4.6 (beta?). Now all of that works, but kmail refuses to fetch my mail.

I'll be playing with that now and see what goes.

Anyway, I guess I will stick with that and test it waiting for the final.
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I did see this thread on the kde forums

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94011

It sounds as if kdepim is still far from ready.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that.
                      TB is doing its job greatly. automatically syncing calendar and contacts and that is what I really need.

so testing kontact is okay for now and I'll see what goes with the final.
                      4 GB Ram
                      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                      X