This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Strigi

This is a clean install, I've installed strigi-daemon and strigi-client but the Strigi service is still not running.

Can anybody tell me if there are any other steps, or packages required, in order to get Strigi up and running?

Thanks

Nick
    Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Re: Strigi

You also need to install the virtuoso-minimal package.

Then

- Navigate to System Settings > System Administration > Startup and Shutdown > Service Manager, put a check mark in the box for "Nepomuk Search Module", and then "Apply"

- Navigate to System Settings > Workspace Appearance and Behavior > Desktop Search > Basic Settings, put check marks in the boxes for "Enable Nepomuk Semantic Desktop" and "Enable Strigi Desktop File Indexer", and then "Apply". Note that the amount of memory allocated to the Nepomuk database can be adjusted in the "Advanced Settings" tab.

If strigi does not start indexing immediately, you may need to restart KDE. The initial indexing will take some time and some resources.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Strigi

dibl,

Thank you for the advice. Turns out I already had virtuoso-minimal installed.....

Like all frightened animals, I panicked ---> I installed virtuoso-nepomuk for no good reason. Unsurprisingly when I restarted KDE it made no difference.

I then (why-oh-why didn't I do this in the first place?) searched for "strigi service not running" and found a post on the archlinux forum which suggested replacing the .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk folder with a clean one. One reboot later and Strigi is operational.

Although your post didn't offer the ultimate solution it definitely helped.

Thanks again.
      Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Working...
      X