This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final word about rekonq

The rekonq web-browser supplied with natty is the most fragile web-browser I have tried so far. This is hopefully my last day with this version, and I hope the next one (in 11.10) runs a little bit more stable.

I think I have all but stopped closing rekonq - it always crashes by itself. My particular reason for this rant came as I was trying to read a ubuntu documentation page about upgrading. There was absolutely no flash or anything fancy like that to be seen, and yet it crashed all on its own. Again.

I think rekonq is a low point in common programs supplied by the kubuntu distribution. It partly replaces konqueror which, although it was slower, was much more stable and versatile.
    I hope rekonq will improve in terms of stability, or it will be contributing to the distro turning into yet another budding programmers test project playground.
    There are a lot of examples of "solutions" to problems we didnt have floating around in kubuntu nowadays. These programs appears to be made by copycat programmers: programmers that can make a browser with a user interface that looks like google chrome, but crashes all the time Real creativity and top programs are hard to come by.
    As a final sentence, I would like to put some praise for the digiKam team here, as that is a brilliant exception imho....

Re: Final word about rekonq

I totally agree -- rekonq is not impressive.

I think this highlights the benefit of a substantial, focussed development team, such as the Chrome team or the Mozilla team.

Comment

Working...
    X