This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.6.5 Stable/Normal release?

Does anyone know if/when KDE 4.6.5 will be released as a normal update for 11.04?

I ask because plasma desktop crashes all the time with amarok, some widgets have issues and the copy notifier slows the system down a lot with full view on. Just hoping for something to smooth these small bumps out of this amazing setup/ os on my laptop.

Re: KDE 4.6.5 Stable/Normal release?

Probably won't.

Sometimes these updates make it from the ppa to ubuntu's updates but not always, unless there are significant fixes. I don't think 4.6.5 provides any truly major.

The kubuntu updates ppa is produced by the Kubuntu dev team itself and is safe to use. It is just that Ubuntu's policy on software updates/upgrades within a release are rather strict as to what is allowed.

Comment

Why not just upgrade to KDE 4.7.00? It's very stable (at least for me, on my HP laptop).
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Life seems simpler and more stable avoiding all the ppa updates. I have had things break in the past when I got all caught up with them. Maybe that was just one bad experience and shouldn't let it hinder other ones...

Comment

those 4.6.5 ppa updates are what would go into a stable/normal update as you are looking for

Comment

I updated to kde 4.6.5 and seems to be working sweet and nice

I wanted to try to update Amarok from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 as well. Though that requires Backports and it tried pulling in 4.7.0 because I did it apt-get upgrade style in the terminal which I thought it installed but apparently did not ....phew close one!!!lol So I disabled that and was wondering what would be the best way to command line upgrade Amarok with out messing everything up?

ps. thnx for all the help

Comment

Working...
            X