This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Liking KDE 4.6.4

Just made the upgrade to KDE 4.6.4 and it went smooth as silk. Everything seems to be running great so far.
    Kubuntu 20.04
    HP Pavilion 17, 8GB DDR3, A10 APU w/ ATI Radeon HD 8650G

Re: I'm Liking KDE 4.6.4

I upgraded the day it became available and must say it looks good and works fine.

But to be honest I don't see any difference with the previous version

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
      But to be honest I don't see any difference with the previous version
      If you upgraded from 4.6.3 then it was bug fixes only.

For me it was a download of 464MB or thereabouts, rather large for a few bug fixes. And most the bugs that I have reported and have been confirmed to exist are still awaiting fixes. Fortunately they are in applications that I don't use very often.

Comment

I've been using 4.6.* since it was backported to Maverick :P so I've noticed nothing wrong, haha. I actually forgot what 4.5 was like until I booted into an old USB stick that had it in there.
        I personally have not noticed anything bad with 4.6 other then performance issues, though I blame that on my hardware rather then the software
        Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

I've found no issues at all with KDE 4.6.4. Very stable (for me).
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X