This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tom's hardware reviews natty

18 page review that appears to be fairly objective. KDE isn't really mentioned but there are interesting benchmarks between Lucid and Natty under both Unity and GNOME. Page 1 has hyperlinks to the test sections. Interesting read.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...whal,2943.html
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Re: tom's hardware reviews natty

Interesting indeed -- thanks! I read the entire article because I was curious about the Unity desktop, but you can learn a lot just by reading the conclusion page.

Comment

Running them as guest OSs, I found no compelling reason to upgrade my 10.04 LTS to either Maverick or Natty, and I wasn't going to get hit by the power hungry kernel that Natty sports.

Oneiric, on the other hand, is really looking good. As a guest OS the problems are minor and typical for a beta. KDE 4.6.3 really has its act together.

But, I long ago decided to stay with LTS releases and I won't be upgrading until the next LTS release. And it will be via a fresh install. Lucid Lynx is just too solid a performer for me to give it up lightly.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

Oneiric, on the other hand, is really looking good.
        Agreed. Did you install the 3.0.0 kernel yet? Kind of a "memorable moment" in the life of Linux. 8)

Comment

First page definition definitely was interesting!

Comment

Working...
          X