This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webmin

Just a note to praise "webmin" - browser interface to controlling your computer.

I have been using it for a few years now and find it to be the best way to control a lot of the stuff on the computer. It provides the best interface to the modules loaded at startup and also the best way to control the internet clocks the computer is synched with. I used to use the Kubuntu control panel/system setttings to control the clock synch, but the developers removed my ability there to use anything but the clocks they deemed appropriate. webmin solves that problem and I can synch with NIST.

webmin is my way of getting back a lot of the control that the Kubuntu developers seem to be intent on taking away from me. I was largely attracted to Linux years back because it gave me back the control that MS was taking away. (K)Ubuntu seems to be following that same path. Now I can stay with Kubuntu and retain my control.

Even in the areas you don't want to control/change, the information that webmin provides that (K)Ubuntu used to provide is good to know.

Anyway, if you are not familiar with webmin, you might want to give it a try.

Re: webmin

If this is what you are referring to, it does indeed look very cool. I will have to check this out. There's a lot there, and the NFS config ability looks particularly interesting to me.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Re: webmin

That's it. One of the first things I setup on every upgrade of Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
      X