This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you and a small Q.

With Canonical's decision to make Unity the default choice for now and the foreseeable future. And Gnome losing it's way on the desktop with version 3. I decided to cross the line to using Kubuntu. I just registered for this forum to just say thank you to all the contributing members of Kubuntu for providing an alternative that works for desktop users. I've been a long time supporter of Canonical's Ubuntu and now will still be able to continue to do so now that I have switched to Kubuntu. I hope KDE doesn't get on the touch pad bandwagon fever and forget about the millions of desktop users out there that still use keyboards and mice.

So far I have found the transition from Gnome 2 to KDE 4 pretty easy. Where as from Gnome 2 to 3 and Gnome 2 to Unity fell flat right out of the gate.

Small Q:
    I really like the theme of the electric blue and grey on the kubuntu.org site. Is there a theme that mimics this for KDE desktop? I'd appreciate a helpful point in the right direction if there is. I could not find this on the KDE themes.

Re: Thank you and a small Q.

Welcome to Kubuntu, Christopher!

KMenu --> Settings --> System Settings --> WorkSpace Appearance --> Desktop Themes --> Get New Themes.

Take you pick.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X