This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install 11.04 on Eeepc 901

Install on my Inspiron 6400 of kubuntu 11.04 was simple and trouble free. Am now trying to install on my Eeepc 901 but am having no joy at all. It runs fine from a USB stick but when I click to install it won't get past the 'preparing to install' page - it just sits there with a spinning circle/cursor.
    I get the same problem with Ubuntu 11.04 as well.

Installing previous versions of Kubuntu on the Eeepc have been trouble free. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Re: Can't install 11.04 on Eeepc 901

It almost sounds like a lack of RAM, how much do you have and from what type of media/ iso do you try to install?
    You might want to start with a 'server' install and next install the desktop.

Comment

Go into BIOS and change the SATA mode to "IDE" or "Legacy", and then try the installer again from a re-boot.

Comment

For what it's worth, I just tried to install Kubuntu 11.04 on my EeePC 901 with 2GB RAM and 12 GB of SSD {4 + 8}. The result was a screen full of icons and an unusable panel. This was the case whilst running from USB and after an apparently error free install, so I suspect something other than insufficient RAM Lack of performance seems to be a likely candidate which, given the inherent problems with SSDs is not entirely surprising, but it would be nice if the installation routine noticed the problem and gracefully backed out.

Sadly back to GNOME, although Unity works well (if you like it, that is).

Peter HB

Comment

Working...
        X