Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the Microphone Volume Controls?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the Microphone Volume Controls?

Hi: I'm playing with the Kubuntu 11.04 live cd and was trying to locate the mic volume control(s)...
    When i open Kmix i don't see any such options at all...could someone tell me how to locate it?
    Thanks

Re: Where are the Microphone Volume Controls?

Anyone know? At least on the live cd, Kmix showed very limited options, and i did not see any sections that had a bar or sliders to adjust "mic input"...what's the story on Kmix in 11.04?

Comment

It is at least in alsamixer in Konsole, but it is hard to save.
      Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Is there any way to expand the gui of Kmix so that you can access more controls like the microphone levels?
        And how would you view it in Konsole (terminal)? Though i would prefer a way of doing it with GUI of course...

Comment

Just type alsamixer in Konsole. Program AlsaMixer is in semigraphics with all sliders including sliders for mic and beep.

I would like to know myself how to bring back mic sliders to kmix. AlsaMixer is only a poor workaround.
          Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Would you type alsamixer into the package manager you'd find there is also a gui version...

But are you sure your system is running Alsa, the default is PulseAudio and it has it's own control, pavucontrol.

Comment

Thanks a lot Master :-)
              This (the missing "pavucontrol" package) helped me to finally use the microphone and Skype!
              I wish Kubuntu came with this Mixer utility by default instead of many other applications which can be much more easily done by users than finding out that KMixer is sometimes just not enough, and you also need "pavucontrol" to have control of your sound devices...

Comment

Working...
              X