This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer bug when selecting different partitions

Have Natty up and running on new laptop, but it was not as smooth as hoped. I wished to create 3 new partitions, (swap, home, root) but the installed crashed when selecting the 2nd partition. That is to say, I could create the first partition for root, then wanted to create another one for /home and that is when it crashed. Created 3 partitions using Gparted, ran the installer again and again it crashed when selecting the /home partition.

Tried 3 times and then gave up, decided to create one big root. I am not so picky. Still, bugs like these should not happen.

Anyone else notice it?

Re: Installer bug when selecting different partitions

No, Iǘe upgraded 2 computers and did a fresh install on acouple more and nothing of this sort happened.
    You might want to check that /home partition...

Comment

It is a documented bug. I suggest you burn yourself a copy of Gparted and keep it on a CD, so you can do these things beforehand. I think most of the guys here use Gparted.

Comment

Originally posted by el_koraco
        It is a documented bug. I suggest you burn yourself a copy of Gparted and keep it on a CD, so you can do these things beforehand. I think most of the guys here use Gparted.
        OK, is there a bug ID?

Using Gparted doesn't help much, since I cannot even select a previously created partition. Nasty Natty (pun intended)

Comment

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3116388.0

It's from the development days. The link to the bug is in the thread. I had it crash on me during the last alpha, but I just repeated the step and it worked fine then. Weird.

Comment

Working...
          X