This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change my Desktop look?

Hello all, have recently come back to kubuntu (from 7.10) from ubuntu after many years. Loved it then and now. But please forgive my ignorance.

When I first installed Kubuntu 11.04. I was presented with an interesting new Desktop interface. With a search box. Moving icons. and a Favorites Area. Everything moved around in a wonderful weird way!

Then I started trying our all the settings and on a reboot I was presented with the normal windows vista type menu system.

Question: I have tried to find the settings to make me switch back to the original desktop interface but carn't find it. Where are the settings?

P.S. I changed to kubuntu 11.04 because after a fresh install of ubuntu 11.10. I found a problem between the cups printing system and the kernel 3.0.0-13. It is seeing my printer as a usb flash drive. I needed to go back to 11.04 and I couldn't face reinstalling the same ubuntu 11.04.

Thanks for any help. I am sure this one will be easy for you all.

Re: How do I change my Desktop look?

right click on the desktop and choose desktop settings, change layout to "folder".
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: How do I change my Desktop look?

Thanks. It works.

Comment

Working...
      X