Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with animations (maybe disabled)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with animations (maybe disabled)

I just installed my Kubuntu, but before, ma network crashe, so while the installation during, there was no Internet connection. After the setup, I wanted to enable animations, but when I clicked Apply, a tray showed up with this text: The following animations could not be turned on.
    There is no details, or explain, just a list from the animations, I wanted.
    Can anybody help me, because I likes, if something looks good on computer. I'm using Kubuntu 11.04.(think 32bit) Athlon X2, 64 bit; Windows Xp, as additional OS, .

And an another problem: I've installed Kubuntu 11.04. In april, and after some time, the line, where I can move, close etc. the windows, disappeared. Only this bar. Animations, all KDE working. I solved it with a reinstall, but I like to know, why is this happened.

Oh, one little for the end: I've took the red ball widget to the home screen, and set it to the maximum speed. And I couldn't delete it, because it' regaining it's power again and again! > So, do you know an additional way, to delete widgets?

thenks so much for your help!
    barnabas02

Re: Problem with animations (maybe disabled)

OK so you had no internet during (part of) the install.
    Have you done an update since then?

What type of video card do you have and have you installed the proprietary drivers for it?
    This should enable most desktop animations.

I never before felt inclined to install this red bouncy ball but I just did :P
    And after setting it up to 'Autobounce' found out it was near impossible to catch it and reset it...
    But after a minute or so it got stuck in a corner for long enough to switch off the autobounce and then after unlocking the widgets I could get rid of it by simply clicking the X on the tab.

This line that disappeared on your system is usually called the 'Panel', the task manager is an important part of it.
    Right click on the desktop and select + Add panel...

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
      OK so you had no internet during (part of) the install.
      Have you done an update since then?

What type of video card do you have and have you installed the proprietary drivers for it?
      Yes, afterr the install, the Internet connection worked again, but it nit depended on Kubuntu, on my home network was working again (think its T-home's fault), so I had run an update for all softwares, but after that, tha animations hadn't worked.
      I have Nvidia video card, but i think it isn't the problem's core, because in april, I've installed the same relase (11.04. Natty Narwhal), and the animations was woking. :-X
      But, no, I hadn't installed any drivers manually. (On the april installing, there was connection.
      So, what you think, what should I do?
      Thank you for your help.

Comment

Providing the nVidia drivers haven't been automagically installed you can open the Additional Drivers utility from the System menu.
        Or you can start it with the command:
        Code:
        jockey-kde
        Then follow the instructions.

Comment

Working...
        X