X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Touchpad while writing

Hi folks,
    I know there is some option to enable that. After a while looking for it, I gave up and ask for an advice.

Thanks

Re: Disable Touchpad while writing

it's there but for some reason not visible - type in 'synaptics' in the search bar in the Kmenu to show it, run it, then look in your systray for the icon. It might be hidden, so you may have to click the arrow there to see it. left-click on the icon to open up the config bits, and edit the settings as you need - make sure you check the box to automatically start it at login.

Comment

KMenu --> Settings --> System Settings --> Input Devices --> Touchpad
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GreyGeek, the option to tirn off/disable the touchpad is not there in system settings, you have to search for synaptics, it is a separate module/appication that for some reason does not appear there.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
          GreyGeek, the option to tirn off/disable the touchpad is not there in system settings, you have to search for synaptics, it is a separate module/appication that for some reason does not appear there.
          yep, its not in the original system settings for some mysterious reasons : )

Thanks for the tipp with synaptiks

cheers

Comment

What's this?
            Attached Files
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Natty? Mine doesn't look like that.

Comment

10.04 LTS

Comment

we are in natty,

iirc in previous versions, synaptics was a separate application, something broke after it was integrated into KDE more. I do know the methodology to control the touchpad changed at some point, so now there is the systray icon you have to add to run in order to control it.

there is a link to synaptics in the kmenu, but you have to go digging, I just found it.

Comment

Natty!

Pardon the noise, it's that particle of brain rattling around in my skull. It will quiet down in a few minutes if I don't move my head much...

Comment

Working...
                    X