This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless does not work | No sound on skype

I am using Kubuntu 11.04 with dual booting with Windows 7 on my dell inspiron 64 bit laptop.

I have recently upgraded from kubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 and ever since i have not been able to connect to wireless also when i call anybody from my skype the do not hear my voice. The later problem was fixed by doing adjustments in the alsamixer when i used kubuntu 10.10........ but now nothing works !

PLEASE help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Wireless does not work | No sound on skype

I had trouble with my wireless as well. I have a Dell Latitude E6500 with a switch on the side that turns the wireless on/off. Even though the switch is on, the wireless light does not light up. I have to issue the following command:

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Once I do that, everything works fine. Give that a try.

Comment

Re: Wireless does not work | No sound on skype

When you used alsamixer did you locate the "Digital" column, unmute it and run its volume up?

Skype has a setup option that allows you to try various audio sources. Are others available and did you try them?

I've found that sometimes certain files are missing for some PCs. Install cheese and then test your video and sound with it. IF you can record a video of your self with sound then retry skype.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X