X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dolphin crush when I hover a ppt file

Hi all,
    with Kubuntu 10.10 and kubuntu 11.04 I noticed that when I hover a ppt file in a folder, Dolphin crush.
    This problem Is just with kubuntu because I tried both openSuse 11.4 with kde 4.6.0 and Fedora 15 with kde 4.6.1 and dolphin doesn't crush...
    There's any solution for kubuntu?

Re: dolphin crush when I hover a ppt file

Hi
    Could you be a little more specific when you say "ppt" file?

Is that a generic useage as in LO Impress or is it specifically a MS powerpoint file?

I have run across situations where MS puts a "wrapper" on a powerpoint or an impress file that is saved in .doc format and when one opens it in Win7 and then changes and does NOT save to a .docx then MS puts a "wrapper" on some of the slides and says that it is irretriveably corrupted and has blanked the slides.

However, the slide is still there and fully functional. One can verify this by looking at the file size and it is larger than before.

This might be a new wrinkle in their attempt to force people to go to .docx specicially in Win7, dunno, just a thought.

HOWEVEr....... it it is an Impress file then I just wasted some server space! and can't offer any help!

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Well, a M$ PowerPoint file I just downloaded, didn't give Dolphin any problems when I put my mouse on the file. LibreOffice opened it just fine as well.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
        Is that a generic useage as in LO Impress or is it specifically a MS powerpoint file?
        Originally posted by Snowhog
        Well, a M$ PowerPoint file I just downloaded, didn't give Dolphin any problems when I put my mouse on the file. LibreOffice opened it just fine as well.
        You're right.
        I downloaded a casual PPT file, I hover it and...NOTHING!!

After this, I'm gone on my folder where i save my slides of lesson, I hover one of that and...dolphin crushed

What can it be??
        I don't know what think about this...
        Something speak about a strigi bug, but on bugs.kde.org this bug is signed like fixed

Comment

It's because a bug Here the report: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=273320
          And here something about the bug: http://ppenz.blogspot.com/2011/03/do...-metadata.html

I'll have wait KDE 4.7 for bug fixed, in july, I hope

Comment

Working...
          X