This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobilebroadband keep popping up

Hey I got a problem with the KnetworkManager.

Every time I go out off sleep or reboot my laptop, knetworkManager will pop up with a dialog box asking about setting up mobile broadband. I can setup one up and it keeps popping up,

How can I make it stop asking me about mobile broadband configuration? I don't need mobile broadband, so a complete disable is a okay solution.

Re: Mobilebroadband keep popping up

Nobody even knows how to disable mobile broadband?

Comment

this is an annoying bugger

couldn't get rid of it either

Comment

On my computer, it only pops up when I have my cell phone connected to the computer via USB. I don't use mobile either. But my cell phone is capable of doing that. Unplugging the phone and using the charging device provided with the phone instead of charging it by plugging it into my computer solved the problem.

Comment

Well i did not have my mobile pluged into the computer, so it can't be that. I think its a knetwork problem. And a possible fix would be to install wicd.

Comment

Originally posted by tatewaki
            How can I make it stop asking me about mobile broadband configuration? I don't need mobile broadband, so a complete disable is a okay solution.
            My work around was to uninstall a package called modemmanager.

It is only for mobile broadband and I haven't come across any unintended consequences yet.

Comment

im right there with detonate. i have only seen it when i plug in my phone.

do the two of you have similar hardware, or maybe machines that can take a sim card? (built in 3g modem?)
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I have a 3g capable phone, but I don't use broadband connection, but it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48

do the two of you have similar hardware, or maybe machines that can take a sim card? (built in 3g modem?)
                  Exactly, I have built in 3g that I don't use. Suspect it is the same for the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by foggytown
                    Exactly, I have built in 3g that I don't use. Suspect it is the same for the OP.
                    Perhaps you can just set it up quickly then it won't bother you anymore. i just set mine up once and i don't see a pop up when i plug / unplug the device. If you don't set it to connect automaticly it should be just fine to plug/unplug with out messing up your connection to the net
                    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                    X