This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to set display settings each time

Not to spam with questions, but this one seems (probably) unrelated to my other outstanding issue, and it's simply that although in System Settings -> Display and Monitor I can set the right settings and it immediately applies just fine, every time I restart the computer and each new session (including the KDM screen) resets to mirroring the two displays I have, despite how I've selected "save as default". I even opened System Settings as root and tried to do so there as well; no change in behaviour.

I'm certainly not adverse to just creating an xorg.conf file and being done with it, but I was under the impression that that wasn't the "proper" way in this day and age of KMS and automagic setups and whatnot. And, it worked quite perfectly under Maverick . . .

Re: Have to set display settings each time

Same issue, but a bit worse imho. I have dual monitors. At log cloned screens. After log on, I arrive at a blank desktop (cloned). No tool bar, no icons, nothing. Programs are running but the only way I can "see" them is to Ctrl-Alt-Tab or move my mouse to upper right corner to get an overview of the running programs. I can left-click to get a menu but if I start anything it starts on a "hidden" screen. I can switch desktops but all are blank. MADDENING!!!

For the record I have Ubuntu 11.04, Kernel 2.6.38-10, Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller, on an HP G71. Gnome runs perfectly, LXDE is runs ok, even XFCE, but KDE Plasma and Openbox have this same issue.
    I desperately want to get out of the Unity mess and into KDE as when it was working it was fantastic. HELP PLEASE!

Comment

Re: Have to set display settings each time

its something kdm is doing for you please see this post

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...5272#msg255272

you will have to learn to use the xrandr command.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
      X