X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed update Kubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 - now system uses GNOME instead of KDE

Hello there

I tried to update Kubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 yesterday and the update seemed to finish correctly.

After rebooting my system it uses GNOME now instead of KDE.

There are also some minor problems with different applications including the "Appearance Preferences" but i think it all goes back to the Desktop-Change mentioned above.

Is there a way to change back to KDE without reinstalling Kubuntu??

Greetz
    Izz

Re: failed update Kubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 - now system uses GNOME instead of KDE

Check whether you have kubuntu-desktop installed.

Comment

sry, started using linux last year

seems to be installed:

Synaptics lists "KDE-Displaymanager for X11" as installed,
      also some other KDEbase Packets including "Kubuntu-Desktop"

Comment

Logout, and choose KDE from the list at the bottom of the screen when you select your user account.

Comment

That was easy, thnx

Comment

However, it's extremely strange that the upgrade donwloaded ubuntu-desktop for you. You're effectively having a GB or more of applications and libraries you don't need. Check out this list, but be careful, the packages are not the same. Don't copy and paste this, use it as a reference point.
            http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purekde

Comment

Working...
            X