This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a Remote Desktop Configuration Procedure

I've read the KRDC and KRFB handbooks. I've tried the examples and I am still unable to gain control of my parents' laptop computer via the Internet. I've been looking for answers for months on this and other Linux forums with no luck. I want to be able to take control of their computer (with their permission of course) in a way similar to Logmein.com. The purpose is to help them maintain their computer system and teach them how to use it. They are senior citizens who realise they need some help.

Now, my parents are switching over to Kubuntu as their OS so this should make it easier I would think. What is the step-by step procedure to connect our computers and be able to control theirs from mine? Please advise.

mhumm2
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

I've found it easier to use Teamviewer for that purpose.
    Install Teamviewer on both machines (grab the .deb there http://www.teamviewer.com/de/download/ )
    Once you start Teamviewer there will be a field with an IP-Code and a password.
    You need the IP-Code and the password from your parent's Teamviewer. Enter both into your Teamviewer and connect.
    A window will open with your parent's desktop - now you can do your thing.

I hope it helps you at least a bit.
    "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Jovin;

Vielen Dank. Ich werde versuchen, dass Programm und lassen Sie wissen, wie es funktioniert.

Ich lebte in Deutschland für sechs Jahre und vermisse es sehr.

Thanks again.

mhumm2
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Yep, that did it. Teamviewer 7 is amazing. I have full control of my parents' Kubuntu system for maintenance, control, and training. They are learning the new operating system very quickly. Thanks again Jovin. Excellent solution.

Comment

Working...
        X