Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect via wired connection now. Msg says: "Wireless disable ethernet"

Lo All ,

I picked up a weird problem this morning. I always use ethernet to connect to my network and have wireless disabled. This morning the ethernet refused to work stating that "wireless disabled ethernet".
    My ethernet refused to work. I had to revert to wireless to get onto the network. I never had this problem before and didn't make any config or software changes. What causes this and how can I fix it ?

Kubuntu 11.04 64 bit (fully updated)
    Acer Travelmate 5742G Laptop

Thanx

Re: Can't connect via wired connection now. Msg says: "Wireless disable ethernet"

Did you have Natty updated during the last time you were able to access the network via Ethernet?
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Re: Can't connect via wired connection now. Msg says: "Wireless disable ethernet"

What's the output of this command:

cat /etc/network/interfaces

Comment

I hope that I am not over simplifying your problem, but I connect using either wired or wireless depending on the situation. I did have a message regarding not being able to connect to the network which was solved by clicking the Network Manager check boxes shown in the attached graphic.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski
          Did you have Natty updated during the last time you were able to access the network via Ethernet?
          Yes I did.

Here's the output of that command (currently at work though where there is no wired connection)

"auto lo
          iface lo inet loopback"

@Noworries , everything is correct there , I did check and network was enabled there.

Comment

Working...
          X