This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Connection Sharing and network manager

Hi, I need to share my internet connection on my laptop. It has a wireless nic and lan. I've read extensively searching for an easy method like using gnome or windows offers, but alas, KDE seems to give one a headache instead. Following the official Ubuntu directions from the wiki, it says to go to your network manager and edit the properties of the wired connection auto eth0. However, under wired there's nothing listed but all wireless connections are found under the wireless settings. How do I enable sharing then?
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Re: Internet Connection Sharing and network manager

Could you be a little more specific? Do you have a wireless router? Does your laptop connect directly to the Internet and you want other computers to share its connection? If that's the case, how does the laptop connect to the Internet--dialup, DSL, cable? Or what?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Re: Internet Connection Sharing and network manager

I share internet with my neighbour at the moment, so I connect to his wireless router. I want to enable my pc that is without a wireless nic to connect to the next using my laptop as a gateway so to speak. That's why I want to be able to share the connection just like I would, had it been windows I was running.
      Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
      X