X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN stopped working, need help figuring out how to narrow down the problem

Hi all,
    I have been using Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for the past couple of months but I stopped being able to login on Friday from my home. I was able to login from a different location over the weekend, but now its not working at my apartment or the coffeeshop. I would like to see if I can find out more information other than 'Login Failed'. Is there a way from the command line to find out more detailed information about whats happening when the login fails?
    System Information<br />Distro: Ubuntu 11.04<br />KDE: Platform Version 4.6.2<br />Grub: 0.97-29ubuntu61.1 GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)<br /><br />PC Hardware:<br />laptop HP Pavilion dv6<br />CPU: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor<br />GPU: ATI Technologies Inc M880G [Mobility Radeon HD 4200]

Re: VPN stopped working, need help figuring out how to narrow down the problem

I'm not familiar with AnyConnect, as my employer uses Juniper.

Do you know whether AnyConnect creates log files that you can post here for us to take a peek at?

Comment

Re: VPN stopped working, need help figuring out how to narrow down the problem

After trying the VPN throughout the day, it finally started working again in the late afternoon, but I have no idea why because my system admin put in a ticket to get help but hadnt gotten a response from that so I dont think Cisco did anything. I was figuring out how to get a copy of the log files when it started working again. If it goes down again for a lengthy period of time, I'll be back with those logs.
      System Information<br />Distro: Ubuntu 11.04<br />KDE: Platform Version 4.6.2<br />Grub: 0.97-29ubuntu61.1 GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)<br /><br />PC Hardware:<br />laptop HP Pavilion dv6<br />CPU: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor<br />GPU: ATI Technologies Inc M880G [Mobility Radeon HD 4200]

Comment

Working...
      X