This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help installing Rosewill RNX-MiniN1 driver

Ok, I'm new to Kubuntu, and fell in love with it since my computer is a bit older at lease 9 years old,everything works just where it sits there no way to connect to the internet by wire so I downloaded the linux driver from rosewill.com and need some help in installing the driver so it can find my adaptor I'm using as following adaptor so hope it helps and can someone tell me how to get the wifi working, notice that it don't even show the option on the connection it just shows wired only so not sure if that is because there no adaptor

Rosewill RNX-MiniN1

Re: Help installing Rosewill RNX-MiniN1 driver

is this the driver you DLed "rnx-minin1_linux_kernel2.6x_v2.0.1324.zip" .....if so it is source code that you must compile to get the driver.

I would ask why your using such a old release of Kubuntu?
    if it's because the box is old please post the specks ......it may be enough for a newer ver.

I have 11.04 running rather well on a old E machine with only 512-RAM and though a bit slugesh under load it dose work just fine.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: help with Rosewill RNX-MiniN1 driver install

so your not using 8.10?

and so you reposted hear!!

read and ancer the other post hear........ if your actually running 11.04

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: Help installing Rosewill RNX-MiniN1 driver

Iok I keep getting a compile make driver error 127 when root install file as a root user what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
        X