X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED Wifi will only connect once

Hi

I have recently bought a Draytek 2710n Router modem to replace my BT Home hub. I have set up the wifi on the router. On powering up the laptop and clicking on the network icon I can bring up a list of wifi connections. If I click on the Draytek (ssid Callisto) it works fine and connects. I can then disconnect and that works fine. On trying to reconnect I eventually get the Secrets for Callisto Kde daemon prompting me for the key/password. It already has the right key. Clicking the cancel button removes Callisto from the available wifi network list. Rebooting the router after disconnecting and before trying to reconnect makes no difference. If I reboot the laptop once again Callisto appear in the wifi list and I can connect to the Draytek router. It seems I can only connect once without having to reboot the laptop. However I can connect and disconnect to my BT Home hub repeatedly without problems.
    I am running Kubuntu 11.04 on a Dell Inspiron 6400.
    Anyone have any ideas?

My router has the Wifi protected setup mode enabled by default. Disabling this and it now connects and disconnects at will
Working...
X