This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thunderbird - reading from server

older version of ubuntu/kubuntu let me do this to the profile of thunderbird.

original profile file when you first start thunderbird

[General]
    StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
    Name=default
    IsRelative=1
    Path=1awq66is.default

What I need is this.

[General]
    StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
    Name=default
    IsRelative=0
    Path=smb://neverwinter/Michelle/Thunderbird/5fa789u0.Michelle/

this no longer works since 10.04. was just given kubuntu and ubuntu 11.04 a try to see if they fixed it.

I cannot be the only person who stores their email on another server.

so what is the fix...

This works with XP, Windows 7 and Vista no problem...

Re: thunderbird - reading from server

I assume what you want to do is access the same mail folder from multiple machines?

Try launching Thunderbird and go into the settings for the e-mail account you wish to use. Given the potential for your existing profile to be messed up it may make sense to start a new one from scratch, in which case you need to enter your account details etc.

Right at the bottom of the main settings page you will see an entry for the path to your mail folder. This will normally be pointing to a folder in the main .thunderbird folder in /home.

Change the path to the location of your existing mail folders. Assuming access rights are all okay that should work. I say "should" because that's what I did when dual-booting and it worked a treat.

HTH

Ian

Comment

Re: thunderbird - reading from server

Originally posted by The Liquidator
      I assume what you want to do is access the same mail folder from multiple machines?

Try launching Thunderbird and go into the settings for the e-mail account you wish to use. Given the potential for your existing profile to be messed up it may make sense to start a new one from scratch, in which case you need to enter your account details etc.

Right at the bottom of the main settings page you will see an entry for the path to your mail folder. This will normally be pointing to a folder in the main .thunderbird folder in /home.

Change the path to the location of your existing mail folders. Assuming access rights are all okay that should work. I say "should" because that's what I did when dual-booting and it worked a treat.

HTH

thanks for the reply but I would have to add 6 email accounts that way. It worked before by putting the path of the whole folder as my first post shows. now it does not.

seems conical just does not want people to network....

Ian

Comment

Working...
      X