X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma desktop hangs when removing 3G usb key

Hi all,
    I have a strange problem with Kubuntu Natty. I was using Maverick with the backports ppa without any problems, but have now installed Natty on a clean partition, and have a strange hang of the plasma desktop when I disconnect the mobile broadband connection. It sometimes recovers, after some minutes, but I am never able to connect using mobile broadband, even if I remove and reinsert the 3G USB key. Sometimes the connection is lost and the symptoms are the same. There are no suspicious messages in syslog (only the normal disconnection and ppp messages), and the only way to connect again to mobile broadband is to restart. Doing a "pkill plasma-desktop" and launching it again doesn't work, as then it seems it can't contact network-manager.
    Any ideas?

PS: I forgot to add that I can't connect again because clicking on the connection doesn't do anything. It also happens if I just remove and reinsert the USB key, without connecting.

Re: Plasma desktop hangs when removing 3G usb key

Hi, Welcome to KDED4 Club! Join us now here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3116537.0, It's free!

BTW you may need to kill kded4 and restart it:
    Code:
    sudo killall -9 kded4
    kded4
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Re: Plasma desktop hangs when removing 3G usb key

Thanks, killing and restarting kded4 works. Seems like it is the same problem.

There is a second problem that the ttyUSB0 device isn't released and I need to unplung and plug again the usb key or ppp won't work, but that is probably because I killed kded4.

Comment

Working...
      X