This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet problems

Hi, I'm new to Kubuntu, running 11.04 for a month or so now, but I've been Linux-only for about six years. Gnome so far, so KDE is a bit of a dark horse, but getting there and learning a lot!

I've just got a Wacom Bamboo Pen-and-Touch tablet (CTH-460), and it worked out-of-the-box, at a basic level, but no touch controls and I can't change settings (pen, buttons etc) without delving into the terminal, and I'm more of a GUI type. I've enabled extra repositories, having read various threads on the forum, and installed any Wacom-related items (five: xserver-xorg-input-wacom version 1:0.11.99; wacom-utility version 1.21-3; kde-config-tablet version 1.2.5-0ubuntu1; and two for mypaint which works fine) but I still have the following problems:

Nothing appears on the application launcher menu tree for Wacom (mypaint DOES appear). If I use Alt-F2 I can see firstly Wacom tablet settings; when opened I get the message "No tablet device was found. Please connect the device before you start this module", although the tablet WAS connected. And secondly there's a program for Hotplugging and profile support, which gives the error "No tablet device was found. Please connect the device"

My request for help is: How can I get the new programs onto the Menu in KDE? Why do they not recognise the tablet? And how can I get the GUI control panel up in Linux, on the lines of the one for Windows shown in the User Manual?

I hope Hardware Support is the right area, and thanks for any advice - any help gratefully received!

Owen
Working...
X