This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a Blu-Ray drive to work

I've got an internal Blu Ray drive installed in my machine, but if I look at the KInfoCenter it just says it's an Optical Drive and the SCSI page indicates that the type for the drive is a CD-ROM. If I stick a Blu Ray disk in the drive the Device Notifier and K3b don't recognize the media as anything usable. So, my supposition is that when I installed Natty, it configured the Blu Ray drive as a CD writer instead.

Can anyone tell me how I might reconfigure the system to recognize the drive for what it is? I've looked in /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab, but don't see any mention of the optical drives in either of those files. Where does one go to configure the drive types and what should I provide as inputs to configure it as a Blu Ray device?

Thanks
    Bill Lugg

Re: How to get a Blu-Ray drive to work

Might be useful: EASY BLU-RAY MOVIE PLAYBACK IN LINUX
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: How to get a Blu-Ray drive to work

OK, so I finally got around to going through the process in the linked article and when it starts it shows that the Blu Ray drive is a standard DVD RW. If I insert a BD-R disk, the app claims no disk is inserted.

So, it appears that Kubuntu is not detecting that the device is actually a Blu Ray burner. How can I configure Linux to correctly recognize what the drive is?

Thanks.
      Bill Lugg

Comment

Working...
      X