Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with my sound drivers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there something wrong with my sound drivers?

Ok, so I can hear sound fine. It's not the sound output, but rather, the sound input that won't work. You see, when I look int the mixer, and browse the sound capture devices, there are none. It's completely blank. And the same goes for the capture streams. But when I go into the audio settings, this is what I see for what I see that the sound card that works on my computer is greyed out, and the others I have no idea about. But I can't test any of them. If you don't know what I mean, take a look at the screencap i took.

I'm hoping there is some kind of magical Linux command I can run to fix this, or maybe something that could fix this. Because I've once ran Ubuntu 11.04 on my ASUS G73JH laptop, and I my mic worked fine then. And my mic still works in Windows. But for some reason, it doesn't work in Kubuntu 11.04. XP
    Attached Files

Re: Is there something wrong with my sound drivers?

I have a same problem on my Dell laptop. I noticed it after my KDE updated. Screenshot of my audio setup, included.

Cheers,

Jimbo
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, after i installed Kubuntu all over again, it worked after that! I guess there was a problem with the installation of the sound card drivers. XP

Comment

Well, short of that pain..... how can I uninstall / reinstall the sound drivers with proper configs to recognize the internal mics? This looks a bit different from ALSA or PulseAudio....

Jimbo

Comment

Working...
        X