X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Need Help to set up HDMI output in HP Pavilion DV6

Hello!!

I'm new in Kubuntu and after a long search in forums, topics, etc in all around the web i am still struggling to set up the ATI Radeon mobility HD5400 series in kubuntu 11.04.

After trying all the possible solutions I have managed to get sound in the analog output, also alsa and pulseaudio detect the sound cards correctly:

Soyuz@Reconstruido1000veces:~/Documents$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

But, at the moment to test it with phonon only analog device will work. If I attemp to test HDMI computer will freeze.

I have installed vlc/xine and gstreamer backends without success in this matter.

Could someone be so kind to help me?

Re: Need Help to set up HDMI out in HP Pavilion DV6

Hello!!

I write this in case that can be useful for somebody after me.

Finally I have solved the problem installing the last alsa drivers version 1.0.24. By some reason, kubuntu 11.04 comes with the previous (1.0.23) and when you try to update it manually will give no sound detection. But the script in this link: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1681577 absolutely solves the problem.

If you want to play both sound cards without fear of a system freeze, remove pulseaudio (sudo apt-get --purge -remove pulseaudio) and install the vlc backend.

Cheers!!

Comment

Working...
    X