This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Studio 17 and HDMI TV

While booted to Win7, I can hook my HDMI tv up to my laptop via HDMI cable and it auto-configs the TV to be my secondary monitor that I can drag windows onto.

While in kubuntu 11.04, I can hook up the TV and kubuntu will recognize the new display, ask me to config, but the default action is to make the TV a clone of my laptop's monitor. If I set it to "absolute" or "above" and save, it doesn't seem to "take"; if I go back into those same settings, it's set to "clone" again.

I googled around and found the "amdcccle" command which opens up some hidden configuration screen. This appears to set the monitors up correctly where the TV isn't a clone.. Once configured, i am forced to restart. After a restart, the setup is correct, but, reversed. It somehow made my TV the primary monitor and my laptop's screen as the secondary. If I go back into the "amdcccle" window, it's set to make my internal screen as the "default monitor".

If I go into the Display Settings that the OS provides, it instantly resets the TV as a "clone" of my laptop's monitor. If I go into the "Multiple Displays" settings it says that this computer doesn't appear to have multiple displays (even though it does).

My graphis card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Any ideas of what I can do to make this function properly?

Re: Dell Studio 17 and HDMI TV

Hi

I get the same problem on a Toshiba laptop. Clicking the apply button instead of OK seems to fix the issue...

Comment

Working...
    X