X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Strange problem with input devices in Natty

Hello.

I just upgraded to Natty. At first everything was normal, but it's been a couple days since I've been experiencing a weird behavior in my keyboard and mouse.
    I don't know what I did, I think I was playing with the key combinations in Flightgear, when the problem began...
    If I open anything to write (i.e. a terminal window, a text editor, this web browser, anything) and I leave any key pressed, the key does not repeat. For example, if I press the backspace key, and leave the finger pressing on it, it won't delete all the line. I have to press the key each time I need to delete a character.
    The same thing happens if I press any other key (a, b, Enter...).
    However, if I go to a new session (Ctrl-alt-F1) and I'm in text mode, everything works perfectly. The problem is only in graphic mode (ctrl-alt-F7). However, when I'm at kde's login, the keys seem to work fine (I press any key in the text box and it repeats).
    I have a Genius PS/2 keyboard (KKB-2050). But I already tried with another keyboard. Same problem. So I'm pretty sure it's something in kde's configuration.

Now, there's something funny happening to the mouse, but only in Flightgear. If I try to move the mouse, specially using the "view" mode, it doesn't move freely, only a little to the sides. I don't understand why this happens but I know it's related to my keyboard problem.

I have a dual boot with Win7. Everything normal there too.

Any idea? is there any way to reset this?

Edit: I forgot to mention: the Scroll lock button is not working either (the led doesn't change).. I don't remember if this is normal in kubuntu.
    My music!

Re: Strange problem with input devices in Natty

Alright... I managed to solve it myself. It was just that the "repeat" property in Settings -> Keyboard was disabled. However I had never touched that before... there must be a key combination that triggered it.
    Regarding the Flightgear thing, it seems that there was some corruption in the aircraft cache file (xml). I just deleted the aircraft cache in my /home directory, and I'm flying again.
    Thanks anyway.
    My music!

Comment

Working...
    X