This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seeing fglrx memory leaks?

I installed fglrx yesterday with jockey, just to see how it would behave. Funnily enough, it's mostly trouble free with regard to screen tearing, and disabling the tear free desktop even lets you watch movies!

However, I'm having what appear to be gynormous memory leaks across the board. I'm starting Plasma at about 400 MB ram, kinda like with radeon, but after a few hours of use, it will jump to 1,2, and that's litteraly with surfing the interwebs, no matter the browser. Forget multitasking, if you open up a few apps, it jumps to my full 1,7 and we start utilizing swap, crawling to a halt. Could it be a bug, just something I'm missing, or is the driver just not ready for actual use yet? I kinda thought it would slow down the fans, but no such luck.

Re: Anyone seeing fglrx memory leaks?

i have had no such issues with either the free or properitary driver for my HD4830 , this is from 9.04 to today (currenly that machine has 10.10). Most of the machines i use have ati cards, however only my desktop has teh FGLRX driver, since its the only machine where the free one does not for everthing. this is cause of games in wine that require hw texture compression support (something i have working in natty w/ free drivers)

Please note i just noticed this was in the natty area. i have not tried using FGLRX w/ natty , but iirc its not compatible w/ the newest kernel version atm. (think 11.3 of the catalist driver being the most recent , still is not working right w/ natty)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Anyone seeing fglrx memory leaks?

radeon works beautifully, asside from some heating and Flash issues, I just wanted to check fglrx out. They've pushed a current Xorg compatible 11.4 Catalyst yesterday, and people did get it working. Wondering whether bugs should be filed straight away or give it some time.

Comment

Working...
      X