This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phonon question

I've never used it before (has it even been in Kubuntu?). I'm liking the options it has, but am a little confused about the backends. If I use Gstreamer as the backend, I can't get the audio through my USB speakers with VLC or SMPlayer, only through my internal ones in the laptop. Is Dragon player the only option there? I like it, but it's kinda not fully featured. If not, i guess the correct option would be to download the vlc backend?

Also, is there a way to relay audio from flash movies through the USB speakers? Right now it's not getting piped through the USB speakers, only thorugh the internal audio.

Re: Phonon question

that really isn't a phonon issue, its more a pulseaudio issue and it's lack of decent support in KDE at the moment (it is fairly recent in KDE supporting it at all)

You may want to look at trying out pulseaudio's tools, such as pavucontrol it does allow for the things you are trying to do.

Comment

Re: Phonon question

So it's that easy. I've been racking my brain as to how to deal with it through Phonon, lol
      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X